How to Take Care of Your Windshield
Windshield is not just an ordinary hardware to a car to make it look good. It doesn’t only function as a shield from the wind when on the road either. It is specially designed to protect you from ejecting outside of your car, supports the airbag of a vehicle, and supports the roof so that it won’t easily collapse in case of accident or collision. It is the one of the most important part that needs to be in its highest quality and durability.
Through the years, innovations and new technologies have already been used in the car’s windshield to make it stronger and last on a long period of time. However, the importance on how it should be taken care of is just taken for granted. Like any other part of the car, it also needs extra care and proper maintenance to ensure that it is in good order while you are driving.
Here are some tips on how you can take good care of your windshield:
- Avoid parking your car in direct sunlight. Look for shaded areas like under a tree, or in a garage if possible. UV rays harms your windshield causing it to weaken and shorten its life.
- Windshield needs regular cleaning. Not just an ordinary glass cleaning using a regular soap and water, but a high quality cleaning. Do not use cleaner that are ammonia-based as it contains harsh chemicals that are too much strong for your windshield. Use vinegar, alcohol, or a special glass cleaner available in your favorite car store’s automotive section.
- Do not slam the door. A ding or small chip that remain unfixed will spread caused by vibration and build up of air. It will also loosen the windshield, resulting it to crack if you keep slamming your door.
- Check and clean the wiper blade if needed. Worn out wiper is not good for your windshield. If the metal strips holding the wiper blade will loosen, it will directly get in contact with the windshield and results to fine scratches and unclear window. Scratches may also be caused by contaminants embedded in the wiper. Cleaning it will only take less than 5 minutes with the help of a rag and windshield cleaner.
- Keep your car distant from any vehicle if possible. While riding on your car either in high-ways or graveled roads, keep away from any vehicle that gets near to you. Small pebbles kicked up by that car’s tire may get into you causing fine chips on your windshield.
- Small chips must be repaired immediately. If you see that there are fine chips, have it fixed as soon as possible to avoid further damages like cracking and spreading all over your windshield. Never touch it or have it repaired all by yourself. It needs correct equipment and rightful training to address the damage properly. Kings Glass is a company that provides excellent windshield repair or replacement in Calgary.
You really need to invest in maintaining the good condition of your windshield. If you do need an expert to repair or replace your windshield, you can contact Kings Glass today and book a quick appointment.